Friday, April 10, 2015

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: 3rd Anniversary Recreations #2

Hello lovelies!

I have a post today! I only missed two days but I missed blogging haha. The portfolio review event went well, but I needed a little break to get myself focused on other classes again. This weekend needs to be spent wrapping up a bunch of different projects, but I should be able to go back to my normal blogging schedule next week!

Anyways, let's get to today's nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, holo, blue, pink, purple, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

I'm loving these colors together!




nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, holo, blue, pink, purple, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:


My second recreation of the month is based on this manicure done by Zara from May Contain Traces Of Polish! The colors of her manicure were just so pretty that I needed them on my nails. Nicole from Doctor Crafty must have felt the same way too, because she recreated this design earlier in the week haha. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, holo, blue, pink, purple, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

These nails started with two coats of Gumdrop. I then used my detail brush and Wisp to create the larger, flower looking shapes on my middle and ring fingers. I polka dotted the other nails while that dried. Once all of the white was dry, I just went crazy making polka dots with Let's Not Coral, Charisma, and Lotus Begin. Everything was cleaned up and sealed with a layer of Glossy Glam.


nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, holo, blue, pink, purple, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

This isn't a look that I would usually come up with on my own, so I like that I'm getting to try different things this month. I really like these colors together and these are making me want to wear polka dots on my nails right now haha.


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: