Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: 3rd Anniversary Recreations #1

Hello lovelies!

Sorry for no post yesterday, I had a presentation and spent most of my time preparing for that. I think the presentation went really well though so I'm happy (:

Anyways, let's get to the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, tribal, black, white, geometric, the nail challenge collaborative

The Nail Challenge Collaborative is celebrating their third anniversary as a group, so this month we're recreating member's manicures! Can anyone guess who's manicure I recreated?



nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, tribal, black, white, geometric, the nail challenge collaborative

Here's what I used:


The black and white theme back in June of last year was the first theme that I participated in with the group. So, I decided to recreate this black and white, tribal manicure done by Doctor Crafty!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, tribal, black, white, geometric, the nail challenge collaborative

These nails started with two coats of Wisp and a layer of Fairy Godmother (previously reviewed here.) Then using my striping brush and acrylic paint, I freehanded on the design. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Glossy Glam. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, tribal, black, white, geometric, the nail challenge collaborative

I'm really happy with how these turned out and I'm excited to see what everyone else in the group creates this month!


Side note: I just finished the Parks And Recreation series while writing this post and I'm having a lot of feels right now, so this is fun.....someone recommend something on Netflix. I need something that I can watch instead of doing homework....woo!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: