Sunday, March 15, 2015

Hobby Polish Bloggers: March - St. Patrick's Day

Hello lovelies!

I have a Sunday post for you guys! It's time for another Hobby Polish Bloggers link up and this month's theme was to create something related to St. Patrick's Day. I know I said that I probably wasn't going to do any holiday nail art but I don't know. I lied. It's alright. 

Here's something that I'm not lying about though. The Hobby Polish Bloggers is a Facebook group for, you guessed it, hobby polish bloggers! The group is filled with awesome bloggers who are always willing to help out by answering questions or sharing their opinions. I've learned so much just from reading the other discussions that happen and I've always gotten a bunch of feedback when I ask a question. If you're new to polish blogging or are thinking of starting a blog, I would recommend joining this group and getting involved!

Oh boy that turned into a rant for some reason and I don't know why soooo, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, saint patricks day, polka dots, gold coins, green, indie polish, gold, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

Sparkles and gold coins! Happy St. Patrick's Day!




nails, nail art, nail polish, saint patricks day, polka dots, gold coins, green, indie polish, gold, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

Here's what I used:


This was another design where I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I knew that I wanted to use a green, glitter base and that was about it. Eventually, I decided on doing a gold coin, dotticure because I figured it would be something that anyone could recreate if they wanted!

nails, nail art, nail polish, saint patricks day, polka dots, gold coins, green, indie polish, gold, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

These nails started with two coats of Make It Rain. When that had dried, I used my dotting tool to add the dots of Siena (previously reviewed here) on. I allowed those to drive for a while and painted on the little shiny bits of the coin. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Glossy Glam.

nails, nail art, nail polish, saint patricks day, polka dots, gold coins, green, indie polish, gold, hey darling polish, hobby polish bloggers

I'm not sure how successful these actually are at being gold coins but sometimes a simple, dotticure is all you need. I actually really liked wearing these and would consider wearing them to celebrate the day, but I don't get to celebrate....again....I don't think I've done anything for St. Patrick's Day since Freshmen year...le sigh. Oh well, more time to paint my nails! Do you guys do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Let me know!

Also, I have something totally unrelated to polish to show! I don't know if you guys have ever read my "About Me" page before but if you have, you'd know that I like having weird colored hair. I usually do the color myself but I haven't had a haircut in over two years (it had been five years since I stepped into a salon...eeek) and my hair was driving me nuts. So, I went all out and had a bunch of length cut off AND I HAVE MERMAID HAIR NOW! Gah, totally not nail polish related but I'm so happy with it that I wanted to share. I have another photo on my personal Instagram (@marisarebel) if you want to see more. Isn't it lovely?! I'm so excited about it (:


One more also, but I love you guys for reading all of my rants. You make me smile. I hope you have great day!

-Marisa! (: