Monday, January 26, 2015

New To Me Indie: Ice Polish - Valentine's Day + Mardi Gras

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with another post for you guys. I was recently contacted by Erin from Ice Polish to review her upcoming Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras polishes, and of course I said yes! I love showing you guys brands that you might have never heard of. I'm super excited about these polishes so I'm going to stop rambling and get to the photos!

*All swatches shown with one coat of Rica's Glossy Glam





valentines day, valentines, do ya love me?, holo, radiant orchid, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

I'm going to start off with the Valentine's Day duo and first up is Do Ya Love Me? I'm going to call this a radiant orchid, holographic polish. This polish took two coats to reach opacity and it also dried to a slightly matte finish without topcoat.  The formula of this polish was decent. I found that it dried quickly, which is nice, but if you move too slow or go over your brushstrokes then it might lead to some clumping. 

valentines day, valentines, do ya love me?, holo, radiant orchid, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

I think this is a really pretty color! I can't think of any other holo polishes that are this color off the top of my head and I know I definitely don't have one already in my collection, so this is a welcome addition to my collection. This is going to make a great base for nail art! 

valentines day, valentines, do ya love me?, holo, radiant orchid, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

Here's a direct light bonus photo:

valentines day, valentines, do ya love me?, holo, radiant orchid, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

Next up is Shot Through The Heart!

glitter, valentines, valentines day, shot through the heart, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

Shot Through The Heart is a clear based glitter topper that has too many glitters to count haha! There's everything from red hearts to white stars to black triangles to red circles to pink hexes to squares and it's insane. I'm showing you guys one coat over two coats of China Glaze's At Vase Value.

glitter, valentines, valentines day, shot through the heart, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

I'm really liking everything that is going on in this polish. I'm showing you guys one coat of glitter and look at how much is on each nail! There was no fishing for any of the glitters either. So awesome!

glitter, valentines, valentines day, shot through the heart, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches


Last up is the Mardi Gras inspired polish, Meow-di Gras!

glitter, cats, meow-di gras, mardi gras, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

Meow-di Gras is a super fun, glitter topper that has a ton of different glitters in it. I'm showing you guys one coat over two coats of China Glaze's Lotus Begin. Just like the above glitter, this polish had a great formula and the glitters were well suspended in the base. Some of the heavier glitters liked to stick together but they're easily pushed around with the brush.

glitter, cats, meow-di gras, mardi gras, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

Do you know why I'm excited for this polish? Because CAT GLITTER! Not only does this polish have a ton of super holo, sparkly bits but it also has cats in it. I didn't have to fish for any of them either. I don't even have a cat but I'm excited to be able to have cats on my nails! I should note that they are a bit thick but topcoat helps smooth them out.

glitter, cats, meow-di gras, mardi gras, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, ice polish, swatches

Here are some bottle macros:



This is such a fun group of polishes! I feel like most Valentine's day collections are either filled with pinks and reds, so I'm loving that Do Ya Love Me? is more of a purple-y color. But I was really impressed with the formulas on the two glitters! I'm telling you, I didn't even have to dip the brush fully into the bottle to get a ton of glitter on the brush. Both of the mixes are really fun as well!

These polishes will be going live in Erin's shop on January 28th. I'm not sure if there is a different price for these but all of the polishes in her shop sell from $8.50 to $9.50 for a 15mL bottle. I'll find out more information and update this post later, I just wanted to get my swatches up so you could plan your Valentine's day shopping (; Here are some of her links:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: