Sunday, January 25, 2015

N.A.I.L Linkup: Newspaper

Hello lovelies!

I'm back again with a third post for you! I realized that I have a lot of posts that should be up before the end of January so I'll probably be double (possibly triple) posting for the rest of the month. Hopefully you guys don't get sick of me!

Onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, newspaper, roses, hey darling polish, nail linkup, flowers

This weekend has been filled with a lot of firsts. Yesterday it was my first attempt at using decals, earlier it was my first time using a Butter London polish, and this is my first attempt at the newspaper nail art technique!




nails, nail art, nail polish, newspaper, roses, hey darling polish, nail linkup, flowers

Here's what I used:


But wait, I said newspaper nail art. Right? Haha well.....I tried. I swear I really did! But it just wasn't working out so I added a bunch of other things to make myself feel better about the epic fail haha.

nails, nail art, nail polish, newspaper, roses, hey darling polish, nail linkup, flowers

These nails started out with two coats of Taylor and a layer of HK Girl. I then followed this tutorial to attempt the newspaper nail art. When I realized that my attempts weren't working, I used the distressed brushstroke technique to add some black polish. I then used Lamb.Angel.Music.Baby. to paint on the base of the roses. All of the rose details were done using acrylic paint, which was then followed by a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, newspaper, roses, hey darling polish, nail linkup, flowers

Even though these were a fail when it came to the newspaper aspect, I still love how these turned out! I'll have to try these out again and hopefully the print will come across better. Have you guys ever tried doing newspaper nail art before? How did it go? Maybe the fact that I used flavored vodka messed the transfer up? I don't know haha.

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: