Wednesday, January 28, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Topper Other Then Glitter

Hello lovelies!

Can you believe that there's only three days left of this challenge? Where did the time go? 

Anywho, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, flakies, pattern, purple, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Also, new short nails....I had some peeling happen to my index and middle finger nails, and I had kind of been babying them for a while to make sure they didn't break. But I'm taking a screen printing class this semester, and we did a demo on Monday on the whole process from making your screen to creating the prints. Well let's just say no. There's no way my nails are going to survive this semester. I'm hoping that I can keep them at a decent length but we'll see how long that lasts.




nails, nail art, nail polish, flakies, pattern, purple, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Here's what I used:


Also, this is my only flakie polish...seriously. I think I bought it over two years before I was even into polish really. Most of the base has evaporated out of it and it's incredibly thick, but I'm glad that I kept it or else I wouldn't have been able to accomplish today's theme haha!

nails, nail art, nail polish, flakies, pattern, purple, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

These nails started with two coats of Sansa and a layer of Covered In Diamonds. I added a layer of Glossy Glam before moving on because the flakies weren't laying flat. Using this pattern by Eva Black as my inspiration, I painted the white waves on with my acrylic paint (not pictured) and detail brush. Everything was sealed in with another layer of Glossy Glam and Wax That...

nails, nail art, nail polish, flakies, pattern, purple, hey darling polish, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I know that flakies are the big thing right now but I don't know. I just can't do it, I don't like them. They look alright here but that's because they're matte, but I rarely wear my matte polish. Glitter is definitely my thing and I don't think I'll ever get sick of it. Which do you prefer, flakies or glitter?


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: