Tuesday, January 20, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Rainbow

Hello lovelies!

Today is my first day of classes, can you believe it? As usual, I stayed up way too late so this will be a quick post.

Onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, rainbow, lines, dashes, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

If you guys follow me on Instagram, then you've seen a sneak peek of these nails. Well, look, here they are! And if you aren't following me, boo haha! I'm trying to post more there with sneak peeks and nail mail photos, so here's a link to check it out. Don't worry, I'll wait while you go visit me there (;




nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, rainbow, lines, dashes, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Here's what I used:


Okay, so, we're back! Yay! Moving on. While searching for inspiration for today's nail art I came across this little stitch-y looking thing (by Me and My Sister Designs) and decided to create these dashed, rainbow lines.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, rainbow, lines, dashes, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

These nails started with three coats of Rose (previously reviewed here) and a layer of Luminosity (previously reviewed here.) Then using my striping brush and acrylic paint, I painted on the little dashes. I started with the green dashes first and then worked my way out to try and keep the design even. Everything was sealed in with a layer of Elemental Ward.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, rainbow, lines, dashes, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I think the best part of doing these challenges is that you get to try out different nail art ideas that then get you thinking about new designs for down the road. I really like how these turned out and I'm liking this idea of the little, dashed lines so you might be seeing something like these again in the future!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: