Tuesday, January 13, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Inspired By Pinterest

Hello lovelies!

How is everyone doing? I have exactly one week until classes start up again! I have so much to do before I go back....this is going to be a fun week. Hopefully...

We have cute nail art though, so let's talk more about that!

nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, bows, hey darling polish, watercolor, free hand, cute, pretty, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Someone at work thought these nails were Jamberry stripes. Haha nope!




nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, bows, hey darling polish, watercolor, free hand, cute, pretty, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Here's what I used:


The theme for day thirteen of this 31 Day Challenge is "Inspired by Pinterest." Which, hello, I love Pinterest so today was one of the easier days! I found this pattern that was designed by Yellow Heart Art and fell in love with it, so I used it as my inspiration.

nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, bows, hey darling polish, watercolor, free hand, cute, pretty, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

These nails started with two coats of Kristen and a layer of HK Girl. I then used the other blues and my fluffy brush for the watercolor technique. The bows were painted on with my detail brush and acrylic paint. Finally, I added a layer of Gelous (not pictured) and a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, blue, bows, hey darling polish, watercolor, free hand, cute, pretty, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I really like how these turned out! I don't own any pinks that resemble the original so I changed the colors to blue, but I still think they're cute. These were also the first nails that I experimented with using Gelous over and they held up pretty well during work! I pretty much change my nails everyday. Mostly because I get bored with having the same thing on and to keep up on posts for the blog, but part of it is that nail polish just doesn't last on me. Usually I get chips during the first day of wear, which is why I never talk about wear time of a polish. My job is really hard on my nails and  I'm constantly on my laptop which I know attributes to part of that, but I think the Gelous is helping! I've managed to make it through most of my shifts lately with only minor tip wear and maybe one or two little chips. Hopefully I can start wearing some of my designs a little longer! 


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: