Monday, January 5, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Dotting Tools

Hello lovelies!

Guess who's job randomly started selling Zoya polishes? Mine. Guess what one of my favorite mainstream polish brands it? Zoya. Guess who is about to be in big trouble after her shift at work tomorrow? Me. Crap. Gah!! How am I supposed to have any self control when the display is literally like 10 steps from where I work?! This could end very badly....very, very, very badly....

Anywho....let's look at some nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, flowers, floral, hey darling polish, polka dots, dotting tools, 31 day challenge 2015,

Dotting tools and I actually got along, long enough for me to do this design! Woo!




nails, nail art, nail polish, flowers, floral, hey darling polish, polka dots, dotting tools, 31 day challenge 2015,

Here's what I used:


You guys know that I couldn't properly welcome in 2015 without doing a floral manicure in the first week. So, when I came across this fabric, I knew that I wanted it on my nails! This was also a great design to utilize my underused dotting tools.

nails, nail art, nail polish, flowers, floral, hey darling polish, polka dots, dotting tools, 31 day challenge 2015,

These nails started with three coats of My Vampire Is Buff and a layer of HK Girl. Then using my striping brush and grey acrylic paint, I freehanded on the branches with leaves. I took my larger dotting tool and used the other three polishes to randomly dot around my nails. After those had dried for a bit, I used my smaller dotting tool to add some centers on some of the larger dots. Everything was sealed with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, flowers, floral, hey darling polish, polka dots, dotting tools, 31 day challenge 2015,

I really loved how these turned out! These first couple days of the challenge have been going pretty well, I hope I can keep it up for the rest of the month. Gah!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:











46 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love the little branches to them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty floral design…I wish your willpower luck in resisting the Zoyas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the key is not to expect to have any self control. That way you can't be disappointed in yourself when you buy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing! I LOVE this creative use of the dotting tool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! Its super pretty and fun but elegant as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way these turned out. They are super cute like a cute shirt design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love it! So creative, it totally looks like the fabric pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah! This is so pretty!! I love a cherry blossom manicure and this just takes that to another level. I would be in big trouble if they sold nail polish where I worked, especially since I've decided to try a year long no buy. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Dalai Lama's NailsJanuary 5, 2015 at 5:43 PM

    this is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!!! Your floral nails are always great, but I love this color combo and the detail work is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!!! I love Zoya Margo. :) And I can imagine the temptation of working near Zoya polishes all day. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  13. I both wish I could get Zoyas so easily and am relieved (for my wallet) that I can't, lol. I love the nail art you did, it is SO lovely and the perfect use of dotting tools!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! It's like a perfect mesh between floral and cherry! Too cute. Also... lucky you with the Zoyas. You know I can't find them retail here at all?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how adorable! The colors together are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, woohoo! Buy ALL the Zoya's! I would have the same trouble if I had easy access to them, I think. Also these nails turned out wonderfully, I really really love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think these might be my favorite from you ever! Something about the colors and happy dots just speaks to me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful colors used! And I own way more Zoya's than I want to admit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha I failed....I bought one and then bought more during their recent sale. But thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha I laughed so hard when I first read this that I had a coughing attack. That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would totally rock a shirt with this pattern on it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha awww thank you!! Oh man, good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww thank you!! I'd love to see you recreate this!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha I've only bought one so far! Their recent sale is holding me over! I definitely prefer only paying half price.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahaha yeah, it's great for the blog but horrible for my bank account. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh man, girl, I don't know how you do it! There's no online retailers that offer them? Thank you though!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha every time I walk by the display I want to grab a bunch but I've been doing okay at resisting! Thank you so much too!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha I'm pretty sure we all do! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so gorgeous! I really love love love these!

    ReplyDelete