Friday, November 21, 2014

Indie Fridays!: 365 Days Of Color - The Diary

Hello lovelies!

It's been a while since I did an Indie Fridays post but I'm back with one for you. I've had these swatches and nail art done for so long, but I've been hiding them. Unfortunately, this polish isn't available anymore but you can probably find it in a blog sale like I did. 

Onto the nails!




nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, 365 days of color, the diary, horcrux, harry potter, swatch

Today, I'm showing you guys 365 Days Of Color's The Diary! This polish has a super sheer, grey base and is filled with dark grey holographic glitters. I'm showing you guys three coats on its own but you could easily layer this if you're bothered by seeing visible nail line.

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, 365 days of color, the diary, horcrux, harry potter, swatch

I love this polish so much! Anything inspired by Harry Potter is a win in my books and this polish is absolutely beautiful. Normally, seeing visible nail line bothers me but I love this so much that I don't even care. The formula was nice to work with and the glitter payoff was great. 

nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, 365 days of color, the diary, horcrux, harry potter, swatch

And I did some nail art!

nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, flowers, grey, glitter, flowers, hey darling polish, 365 days of color, the diary

Flowers might be a little happy for the original intent of this polish but I wanted to do something simple that wouldn't hide the polish too much. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, flowers, grey, glitter, flowers, hey darling polish, 365 days of color, the diary

I started these nails with three coats of The Diary. Then using a large dotting tool and Zoya's Genevieve, I added five dots to form the flowers. Then using the other end of the dotting tool and American Apparel's Echo Park. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, flowers, grey, glitter, flowers, hey darling polish, 365 days of color, the diary

And here's a macro:

Unfortunately, this polish isn't available anymore because 365 Days Of Color doesn't make nail polish anymore. I'm sad that I didn't pick up any polishes from the Horcrux Collection but I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for the others in blog sales. She does still make body/nail care products that sound lovely so I recommend giving her shop a look if you're in the market for anything like that! Here are her links:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










36 comments:

  1. That polish is very pretty! I'm really loving the look you created with it. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that color and anything Harry Potter inspired as well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty polish! Awesome swatches and art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, I love how it's muted but still interesting! And anything HP inspired is a win in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a good Harry Potter-themed polish! Gorgeous crelly and I like the nail art you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like The Diary. It kind of reminds me of a Cookies and Cream kind of polish. I love what you did the flowers on top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are the perfect nail art for that polish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the flowers are the perfect match to this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glitters in thjis polish are just perfect! However, I kept reading the name as The Dairy lol, didn't make any sense!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute glitters and I love the design over a peekaboo nail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nail art goes perfectly with the polish! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nail art on this is perfect for the base. Flows really nicely

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is pretty! I love the nail art you paired with it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This polish reminds me of tiny pebbles mixed with sand and I love it. It's bringing me back to summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, lovely polish and yes, anything inspired by HP is definitely always a win ;) Hope you'll find the other Horcruxes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Even though I can't stand a visible nail line myself, this polish is lovely, but I have a thing for greys. Greys are so underrated!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I normally go for polishes that are a little more opaque but I love this one too much to care. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm totally with you on needing anything Harry Potter related! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They really are! I've been loving my grey polishes lately!

    ReplyDelete