Thursday, September 4, 2014

Live Life Polished's Farewell, Summer Nail Art

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with some nail art done with the Live Life Polished's polishes that I reviewed yesterday from the Farewell, Summer collection!

Let's get to the nails!




summer fling, dancing in the moonlight, drips, drip nails, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, farewell summer, live life polished, hey darling polish,

I decided to pair some of the polishes together to create two different looks. This first look features the thermal of the collection, Summer Fling, and Dancing In The Moonlight.

summer fling, dancing in the moonlight, drips, drip nails, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, farewell summer, live life polished, hey darling polish,

These drip nails started with 3 coats of Summer Fling and a layer of topcoat. Then using a detail brush and Dancing In The Moonlight, I painted on the drips. Dancing In The Moonlight was one of the thicker polishes so I found it easier to dip the brush directly in the bottle. The thickness did help the drips look opaque!

summer fling, dancing in the moonlight, drips, drip nails, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, farewell summer, live life polished, hey darling polish,

I love the contrast of the soft, purple polish against the darker, shimmer filled polish. This might be one of my favorite color combinations that I've done for drip nails in a while!

Look 2:
strawberry wine, deep down under, summer sorbet, zig zag, nail vinyls, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, farewell summer, live life polished, hey darling polish,

My second nail art look consists of Strawberry Wine, Summer Sorbet, and Deep Down Under. I wasn't planning on using Summer Sorbet in any of my nail art but it was one of my favorites of the group and it ended up fitting here so I used it haha.

strawberry wine, deep down under, summer sorbet, zig zag, nail vinyls, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, farewell summer, live life polished, hey darling polish,

These nails started with 2 coats of Strawberry Wine and a layer of HK Girl. Then I place a zig-zag Nail Vinyl diagonally on my nail and filled in the two sides with Summer Sorbet and Deep Down Under. I did have to do a little touching up after I peeled off the vinyl but it wasn't too difficult. This was sealed with another layer of HK Girl.

strawberry wine, deep down under, summer sorbet, zig zag, nail vinyls, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, farewell summer, live life polished, hey darling polish,

I wasn't sure if this look was going to work or not but I think it's kind of fun! I still really love the color and glitter combo of Deep Down Under so that probably explains why haha

If you're looking for swatches or purchasing info make sure to check out yesterday's post or Live Life Polished's links below:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:





6 comments: