Wednesday, September 17, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Glitter

Hello lovelies!

I'm back today with another post for the 31 Day Challenge!

Let's get to the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, glitter, glitter nails, hey darling polish, green, blue, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

I've been wanting to try glitter placement nails again for so long and today's theme was the perfect time for it!




nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, glitter, glitter nails, hey darling polish, green, blue, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

Here's what I used:

I have an even deeper appreciation for Polish All the Nails after attempting this technique again. I can't think of anyone who does glitter placement manicures like she does and I love the fact that she isn't afraid to stick huge charms on her nails. This is definitely something that I need to work on haha!

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, glitter, glitter nails, hey darling polish, green, blue, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

These nails started with two coats of Zoya's Neely. I then painted stripes of Star Crushed Lacquers' topcoat down my nail. Using the dotting tool dipped in water, I picked up each glitter, and placed it in the wet stripe of topcoat. This was repeated until my nail was covered and then sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, glitter placement, glitter, glitter nails, hey darling polish, green, blue, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

Looking at these, I don't think I've improved at all since my last attempts (here and here) but that's probably because I haven't done this since then haha....meh. Maybe once September is over, I'll try to practice this more.


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:





27 comments:

  1. What nice glitter placement you did here! I should really use my loose glitters more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dalai Lama's NailsSeptember 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM

    oh yeah you did! I love how they look like stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, love the color scheme! Excellent glitter placement. So excellent, in fact, it has inspired me to try to do one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have gone mad after the first finger. Great job dude! This is disco fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I wish I had the patience to do this kind of thing more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours, I usually stick to accent nails if I do glitter placements, it takes me a while to do as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so great! I don't think my attention span could handle this glitter placement. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so fun! :) I did a glitter placement before- and it took awhile. Definitely takes patience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha it's nice every once in a while to focus on something so intently!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha yeah, I forgot how time consuming it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha it's fun every once in a while! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing! Glitter placement takes a while but it does look stunning once done. I'm impressed by the straightness of your glitter lines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy crap this must have taken forever! You've done it perfectly though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job! I have not had the time or patience to attempt glitter placement nails yet, but ONE DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful job! I love how symmetrical it is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, I love it once it's finished but actually doing them is a pain. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha just make sure to leave yourself a decent amount of time to work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! I'm not very good at glitter placement, and this looks awesome to me. :) I never have the patience! How long did this take you, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much!! Uhmm, well, I started it and probably like 20 minutes into it the take-out I had ordered came, so I stopped, and lost a bunch of glitters while eating haha....but after replacing the glitters and finishing my other nails, I probably spent 30-40 minutes? I only did these 4 nails though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's not bad at all! I always get stressed thinking about lining them all up straight lol

    ReplyDelete