Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Tea Party - Week 1

Hello lovelies!

This month's theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative is a "Tea Party" and I'm super excited about this! There is so much that you can do with this theme. There are tea cups and lace and tea pots and flowers and cute things that are almost always covered in patterns and I might be a little excited and am ignoring all grammatical errors because grammar is for squares, which is something not normally seen at a tea party.....and that got long....and weird....

Andddd, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, green, flowers, bronze, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, floral, tea party

There's a good chance that you're going to see a lot of flowers this month, I know I'm excited!




nails, nail art, nail polish, green, flowers, bronze, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, floral, tea party

Here's what I used:

Today's nails were inspired by this beautiful tea set that I found on Pinterest. I have never seen any tea cups like this and the colors look great together, so I put it on my nails! You should know that's how things work around here now haha (:

nails, nail art, nail polish, green, flowers, bronze, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, floral, tea party

I started these nails with 2 coats of Teal Bule and a layer of topcoat. Then using white acrylic paint (not pictured) and a small detail brush, I painted the flowers on. The white acrylic paint makes "guidelines" that you can trace over with the polish. For me, I find this easier then using the polish right away because polish gets goopy and isn't always super opaque. It's an extra step but for me, it works. So when the paint was dry, I traced over it with the polish. Everything was with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, green, flowers, bronze, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, floral, tea party

These nails probably are something that you wouldn't typically expect when someone says "tea party" but they're fun and I like them!....I don't have anything to say to wrap this post up so.....bye.... (:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







7 comments:

  1. Ah I love this so much! Green and gold alllllllllways go well together! Your freehand skillz are so good - jelly of all the detail you can get! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty design :) Your floral looks are always so girly and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Love the tea set as well, very delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! I want the yes set so bad, it's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete