Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Black & White - Week 3

Ello!

I'm back with another post for The Nail Challenge Collaborative!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, glitter, fairy dust, rhinestones, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

There is a 99.9% chance that I wasn't fond of how these nails turned out. So following in the footsteps of The Mercurial Magpie, I "fairy dusted that shit!" (;




nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, glitter, fairy dust, rhinestones, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

I was attempting to recreate this pattern from Pinterest but halfway through the 1st nail, I remembered that I really hate using a dotting tool and stopped. I kind of liked how the design looked but felt like it was missing something....Enter Fairy Dust!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, glitter, fairy dust, rhinestones, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

I started these nails with 2 coats of Sinful Colors Black On Black and a layer of topcoat. I place the rhinestones and then started adding the white dots, attempting to create a sideways diamond shape. When that was done, I decided to sponge on some Fairy Dust around the dots.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, glitter, fairy dust, rhinestones, the nail challenge collaborative, hey darling polish

These nails are okay. There's nothing really wrong with them except for maybe the dotting on my pinky being a bit wonky. I just don't personally think I would wear these again. Who knows, maybe one of you guys will like them!

Here's another song for today:
This Century - Loud

Thanks again for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:











2 comments:

  1. Haha cute that you added Fairy Dust to make it better. The design doesn't look too bad to me so I guess that's a win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! Yay, I'm glad you like it! (:

    ReplyDelete