Friday, April 4, 2014

Indie Fridays! Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer - Mile Long Margarita + Expert Marksman

Hello lovelies!

It's Friday! Woo! I'm excited! Though I have to admit for this week starting off as weird as it did, the past 2 days or so have been pretty decent! And I had all my posts up on time this week! (:

Anyways, I'm showing you guys a different brand today!
nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, orange, shirley ann nail lacquer, mile long margarita, neon, hey darling polish

Today, I'm introducing you guys to Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer! I'm going to start off with the polish Mile Long Margarita!

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, orange, shirley ann nail lacquer, mile long margarita, neon, hey darling polish

I'm showing you guys 1 coat of Mile Long Margarita over 2 coats of Sally Hansen's Sun Kissed. This polish has neon green and yellow, matte, hex glitters in a clear base. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, glitter, orange, shirley ann nail lacquer, mile long margarita, neon, hey darling polish

This polish took a little bit of effort to apply only because there is more base compared to the amount of glitter and the base is a little bit thick. Dabbing the glitters on definitely works best. I think this polish is super fun though and these nails remind me of summer! I don't mind the extra effort needed since it's so fun.

Next up is Expert Marksman!

nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, shirley ann nail lacquer, expert marksmen, green

Expert Marksman is a glitter topper filled with a ton of different sized green glitters. There are also small, gold glitters and some larger, matte hexes. I did find the base of this to tint my base polish slightly but it wasn't super noticeable. I'm showing you 1 coat of Expert Marksman over 2 coats of China Glaze's For Audrey.

nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, shirley ann nail lacquer, expert marksmen, green

This polish is pretty unique in my collection as I don't really own too many green glitter polishes. I love the combination of the green and gold glitters! The larger hex glitters do have a tendency to sink to the bottom of the bottle, so I do recommend flipping your bottle upside down before using it. This is a really pretty polish and I love how it looks over For Audrey!

nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, hey darling polish, shirley ann nail lacquer, expert marksmen, green

Here are some macros I took:
 

Guess what! You can actually buy these polishes! And I think you should definitely go check out her store. Her full sized polishes are only $6 a bottle! That's such a great price for indie polishes! Even better? Mile Long Margarita is only $4. I really do think these polishes are a great value for the price!

Here are some links:

Here's a song for today:
Lana Del Rey - National Anthem

Thanks for reading guys and have a lovely weekend!

-Marisa! (:













2 comments:

  1. I love Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer! I have Expert Marksman too but haven't tried it yet...I think I want to try it over tan for the look of camo, LOL. Your swatches are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her polishes are lovely! And that sounds like it would great! Thanks too, that means a lot! (:

      Delete