Saturday, February 1, 2014

Nail-Art-A-Go-Go: Day 1 - Achromatic

Hello lovelies!

What is this you ask?! Marisa posting on a Saturday! That's weird (you're telling me haha!). But I have exciting news, I joined another nail art challenge! (Yep, you read that right, another one. That makes it 4 challenges since 2014 started a month ago, oops). Anyways, this one was too fun to pass up! Thanks to Missy over at Gnarly Gnails for coming up with some super awesome themes!

Enough talking! More nails time!

These are last time you'll be seeing my rounded nails thankfully haha!

More after the jump:



Here's what I used:

For the base of these nails, I used Chalkboard Nails' tutorial for her distressed nail art. This was my first time trying this technique and I love it! It's so easy and looks really cool. I then just laid striping tape down kind of randomly and painted black polish over it for the horizontal stripes. 



I think what I found so fun about this challenge is that the themes are really different and are art related. I'm a little nervous to be posting every single day but I'm going to try to stay on this! During the month of February I'm putting Music Mondays and Skittles Wednesdays posts on hold. But I'm going to try and keep doing all the other challenges and my Indie Fridays posts. Although, I'm not as far ahead on prompts as I wanted to be at this point but I'm working hard!

Enough ranting, here's the challenge:

And today's song:
And Then There Were None - The Hospital

Thanks for reading guys and check below for everyone else's nails!

-Marisa! (:







8 comments:

  1. Ooooo! I really like these! Next time, let us see your base. I would have loved to see your distressed look on its' own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I didn't even think to take pictures of the base! I'll have to remember to do that next time, I'm glad you like them though! :D

      Delete
  2. Very nice, but I am also intrigued by the base and I want to lift the black stripes up for a peek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'll keep that in mind for next time. I never think to take pictures of my base, glad you like them though!

      Delete
  3. So awesome! It like someone painted bright new graffiti over an old concrete wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The distressed background looks freakin awesome!

    ReplyDelete