Monday, September 9, 2013

Buzz Lightyear Grew Up to be a Hipster

Hello lovelies!

Today is Monday, oh joy. Ugh. I'm feeling better though, so yay! Hopefully this week of school goes a little bit smoother, I can't even begin to imagine how much homework I'm going to get though...

But on to the nails!

Nail Art, Triangles, Revlon Silver Dollar, Tape Decals

Doesn't it remind you of Buzz Lightyear if he were a hipster?!


More after the jump:

Nail Art, Triangles, Revlon Silver Dollar, Tape Decals

These nails were actually my first attempt at making nail decals! Except I just kind of painted blobs of nail polish on a Ziploc bag and cut it into random shapes when it was dried! Gnarly Gnails has a tutorial: here, that outlines how she makes her stamped decals. The process is basically the same.

Here's what I used:

I tried going through my stash and picking some colors that I don't normally use. Revlon's Not So Bluberry is a scented polish, but not so much that it's going to give you a headache or make you sick. Also, I completely forgot that Revlon Silver Dollar gives you a serious case of glitter herpes if you get it on your skin. Ugh, that was not fun to take off. 

Nail Art, Triangles, Revlon Silver Dollar, Tape Decals


Glitter herpes and blueberry scents aside, I really enjoyed this manicure. It was really different for me and I will definitely be trying out the decal making process again!

What do you think? Would you try making nail decals? Does it remind you of Buzz Lightyear?

Today's song:

Tancred - Lion Hands

Don't let Monday get you down and have a great day!


-Marisa (:




2 comments:

  1. interesting. It awesome:D and yes it does remind me of buzz lightyer now you mentioned him hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay!! I'm glad, I'm not the only one who saw it (:

      Delete